Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kids...and a little bit of life.

The sweetest thing happened yesterday. Everley saw the nail polish sitting on the table after I had finished painting my nails, picked it up and said pitty (pretty)? So, I pulled her up on the couch and she sat patiently waiting while I painted her nails. She smiled as I blew on her hands to help them dry faster and tried to help dry a little herself. It was such as sweet moment with her. My husband always tells me I have made her into SUCH a girl..and I suppose he's probably right. But hey, that's the fun of it all right?







 And then, I remember in addition to that sweet little girl, she is also 19 months old and you probably shouldn't leave nail polish not tightly shut or this may happen.


And this:

So for the next 30 minutes, I sat on my hands and knees scrubbing the life out of a Mr. Clean magic eraser with some cleaning sprays and a towel desperately trying to relinquish my once unstained floors and rug. Everley sat on the couch peering over at me like a spectator watching a game. I then moved onto clean off her hands, her socks were stained on the bottom, and magically she did not have ANY on her outfit. I was grateful for that. 


On another note, I attempted my own "dobbers" with Everley as an art project. I realized that I don't do nearly enough art with her, so she decided to paint my house in nail polish I found a pretty neat round spongy paint brush in my collection and gave her a plate with paint and let her go on her merry way. She seemed to enjoy it. 


Phillip has turned into quite the artist, if I do say so myself. It takes a lot of persuasion for me to actually get him to sit down and devote a lot of time to an art project though. So, I was pretty proud when he brought this home to me. He was pretty proud too and wanted to hang it on the fridge. 
And I have to mention a proud accomplishment of my own. I have officially completed my first "professionally printed" purchase to a client from White House Custom Colour. It's a pretty big accomplishment for me and my photography. It was really neat to see it in print on an awesome artboard and is even more neat that someone has it hanging in their home! 

Have a great week!
Live hard, Love harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment