Sunday, January 20, 2013

Germany.

I often wonder if this place will ever have feelings of permanence. While I know that we will be here for quite some time (until Fall of 2015), it still just feels temporary. I find myself thinking things like, wipe down the walls so that when we move its not so much work, I wonder how Everley will do on the flight home (Phillip always does great on flights so I'm not worried about that), I tell my husband we should ship the car even earlier than we did on our way out here, and so on and so on. Germany is just such a different place. Until I met my husband, I was REALLY under-traveled. I had been to Texas (home state), Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas, Missouri, and Indiana. I had never been on a plane. Fast forward to now and I have added a few more states to that repertoire in addition to another country, and by the time I leave here it will be several more countries. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for this experience. The fact that we are within 5-9 hours of a TON of beautiful countries is amazing, for that matter, Germany itself is GORGEOUS. But at the end of the day...its just not home. The good ol' US of A. I miss it so much. I miss the little things. I miss family, friends, stores we're used to, not having to convert to Euros, understanding signs and people. But, I am not unhappy here, I guess just home sick. I love that I am here with my family, I love that my kids are getting to experience this, I love the friends we have met here. I think in time, it will all become a little less temporary...and a little more permanent. I hope. 




Live hard, love harder!

1 comment:

  1. Love you, friend! <3 It'll be here before you know it - and with trips here and there in between, it'll be a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete