Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And they called it bunny love

When Phillip was younger, he never grew attached to a "lovie" so when Everley developed a love for her bunny, it was definitely a new experience. 

In my desperate attempts to get Everley to sleep through the night, I picked up a stuffed animal and put him in the bed with her. At first, he just kinda hung out there, but after a week or so, she started to pay more attention to him. Eventually it got the point where I would lay down him down with her and now here we are about 10 months later and bunny LITERALLY is a member of our family. 
I spend my days dressing "bunny" while Everley showers him with kisses, hugs, shoves him in strollers, feeds him food and drinks, throws him around, and overall shows her abounding love for him. She can't go anywhere without him, she can't sleep without him, she can't LIVE without him! haha! 


There is something so pure and innocent about the love she has for him. It really is amazing to see a 20 month old feel that much love for essentially an inanimate object. But, through transitions and for a substantial part of her life, bunny has always been there, so I can understand why she feels the way she does. It's such an awesome thing to watch your baby love.
In other news, we got Phillip's report card. And essentially he's a genius, he's doing fabulous! He is testing way above his grade level in his reading, he made 100% on all his assessments,  and they are putting him at an almost 4th grade math level! As I read the reports, I was almost in tears, thinking about how amazingly well he has transitioned to Germany and at his accomplishments. I am such a proud momma. 

And one last thing,
This really is all that needs to be said, other than the fact that I can't wait for this timer to run out so that we can go home and see some of my absolute most favorite people ever. I am so excited for this trip, and even typing this right now, I am overwhelmed with such an amazingly blessed feeling.

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! We haven't experienced such an attachment!

    And YAY for the countdown!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete